Find a School

Moving to Minnesota

When moving to Minnesota there is A LOT to keep track of both before and after your arrival. The following resources will help you strategically plan for your move to the Star of the North.

Visa Information

Before applying for a visa, all student and exchange visitor applicants are required to be accepted and approved for their program. Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. You must have a student visa to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend will determine whether you need an F-1, J-1 or an M-1 visa.

Education USA

EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State-supported network of hundreds of advising centers around the world. Each year, EducationUSA advisers provide millions of international students with accurate, comprehensive, and current information about how to apply to U.S. colleges and universities. EducationUSA staff also work with U.S. higher education professionals to promote international student recruitment.

Financial Aid for International Students

If you have already been accepted to a U.S. college or university, contact the international student adviser, admissions counselor or financial aid office directly to request information and applications for any available financial aid.

It is essential to plan your entire U.S. education—including how to finance it—before you leave your home country. Some colleges, universities, and U.S. consulates require foreign students to provide certification of funding for the entire planned period of study.

Get Info!